Saturday 21 April 2012

Dolly Wink No. 2 Sweet Girly + No. 6 Baby Cute

Hey guys!~ ^^

I've always been a huge fan of Tsubasa (She's so gorgeous~ X3), and I've recently started collecting stuff from Dolly Wink! So far I have the eyeliner (haven't tried yet) plus 4 boxes of falsies from the original series~ ^^
I really love Tsubasa's makeup, because it's not super super dramatic like a lot of other gyarus, but still very pretty and dolly~
I'll also start collecting Candy Doll products when my current heap of makeup starts to run out/expire~ :D

No. 2 Sweet Girly was the first pair of Dolly Wink eyelashes I bought, and No. 6 Baby Cute was the first pair of bottom lashes I bought. It wasn't until almost a month later that I realized they are supposed to be worn together~ (Skills!) ^^

Now, on with the review!~

No. 2 Sweet Girly


Packaging: 10/10
The packaging is super pretty of course! It's easy to open (I cannot stand packaging that is really strongly sealed and takes forever to open >_<), and has a nice little box inside the main box that's easy to carry around in my bag.

Design: 9/10
I absolutely love the design, it's very flattering and as natural looking as lashes this dramatic can possibly look~ XD
The thick part near the middle emphasizes the middle of the eye and makes it look wider which I really love.
They're perfect for me since I love wearing quite heavy makeup when I go out, but should probably be saved for special occasions if you prefer to wear mostly light makeup.

The only (tiny) problem was that these lashes need to be curled before or after you put them on, or else they tend to look quite droopy (unless you like that look?), I had to curl mine before and after applying them for them to curl up significantly~

Also the band is really loooooong because I have small eyes! Even though I wear my lashes with at least a few millimeters extra to extend the eye, it was still a little bit too long. It would be the perfect length for people with big eyes though!

Comfort: 9/10
The band is flexible and easy to apply into the shape that you want, although they are quite long, they are not too heavy, although they do start to feel a bit heavy after wearing them for 12+ hours, but that is to be expected~ XD

Price: 7/10
I've looked around in almost every asian makeup store in the city over here, and the cheapest price that I found was $21.95 AUD, which is quite expensive, considering I've bought boxes of 10 lashes for less than $20, however, the price in Japan/China is a fairly reasonable $13-15 AUD. Also, the quality/design of these are far more flattering than most eyelashes from Australian brands that I've tried that cost around $10 a pair, so can't really complain~ ^^

It also comes with a little tube of eyelash glue, the glue works well, and there is quite a generous amount.

Reusable? 9/10
Yes! I used my first pair of No. 2 at least 6-8 times (My memory sucks) before it started to lose it's shape and glue started to get everywhere, and I wasn't particularly careful with it either, so the quality is definitely good! Considering I paid $11 for each pair and used it about 7 times, that's less the 2 dollars per use.

Overall: 9/10
I love these and am definitely stocking up at least a box or two next time I go to Japan! ^^

No. 6 Baby Cute



Packaging: 10/10

Same as No. 2, the packaging is gorgeous! This shade of pink is so pretty~ :3

Design: 9/10
I was a little bit iffy about the design when I first saw it in the box, but they looked amazing on Tsubasa (doesn't everything?) and I had a bit of extra money, so I thought why not? Each of the little sections are separate which I didn't realize until I tried them up, and then were quite hard to apply.

HOWEVER, they looked awesome! ... Or at least I think that they do?
I used a bit of light eyeliner/eyeshadow as a guideline for where to stick them, and used tweezers to apply them, and it actually didn't nearly look as strange as I had expected, although it did take quite a few minutes to get them all on. The separate chunks also mean that you don't need to worry about bending the bands into shape, which is something that is a huge relief to me, since the bands of bottom lashes usually hate me. XD

Comfort: 10/10
These are super comfortable since they don't have a whole band, and I could barely feel them at all. The only problem with this is that I'm constantly paranoid and checking if they're still stuck on ^^;

Price: 7/10
Again, the same as before, a bit on the expensive side over here, but well worth it! ^^ 

Reusable? 8/10
I've used the first pair 3 times already and they're still fine to reuse. The only problem (and this might just be me) is that since you need tweezers to apply them, I sometimes squeeze a bit too hard and ruin the shape of the lashes >_<

Overall: 9/10
They're my new favourite bottom lashes, but they're definitely not for people who think that spending more than 30 minutes on makeup is too long~ XD


Here's a few photos of what they look like on me~ ^^
(Might add a few more after this weekend~)
No. 2 + No.6

No. 2 + No. 6
The top ones tend to droop after wearing them for a few hours~ >_<

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Very helpful. I own several brands of false eyelashes but have never ventured into the Japanese ones since they can be a bit expensive.^^; I think I will give them a shot though!

    ReplyDelete